Friday, November 11, 2011

To The Veteran


To The Veteran

I woke up this morning;

my bed was warm,soft, and comfortable.

Thank You.

I got up and put my clothes on,

they were nice, not rags.

Thank You.


I walked through my house;

it was warm, dry, and safe.

Thank You.

I got a cup of coffee, and prepared for my day

without threat of life or fear of persecution.

Thank You.

I go online, read the news, read everyone's views;

even expressed my own.

Thank You.

My son wakes up;

He is safe, well fed, and happy.

Thank You.


I thank you, the Veteran, for all these things in my life.

Things I would never have if not for you.

I thank you, the Veteran,for because of you, I live in freedom

and have never known what it was like to not be free.

Thank you to all Veterans

for your sacrifices in service to this Country.

Thank you for ensuring the safety and freedom of my family.
Sometimes you served with fanfare galore

other times you came home alone

no fanfare, no parades, no thanks;

nothing but hatred.

Would that I could, give you a parade every day.

I thank you, Veterans, for your service, and for my freedom.

In Honor of Veterans.
------------------------------------


A Father and Son.

One a Sailor,

The other a Marine.

One fought in Vietnam,

The other in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One came home to hatred,

The other to mixed reviews.

One served his Country proudly,

The other did as well.

One risked his life for us all,

The other did as well.

Both are heroes.

Happy Veteran's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Spent two tours in Vietnam (65-58) and I'm proud to be one of the chosen few that served proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you and thank you for your service. Happy Veteran's Day!

    ReplyDelete